Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Awaiting Yuletime in NYC

So I am chatting with a dear old friend. Here's a transcript of our conversation.

Friend: So what are your holiday plans?
Me: Dunno yet. I might get a 10 day holiday at work.
F: Oh wow! Good! So what do you plan to do then?
M: Dunno yet. I feel so anxious and upset at the same time.
F: Don't you like Christmas? It will be so wonderful in NYC then.
M: Well, that's not the point. I don't think, that Christmas or for that matter any other festival here in NYC likes me.
F: huh?
M: Allright, here's the deal. Forget all the religious part of Christmas. As I see there are two distinct parts of Christmas in NYC - the commercial part and the gooey part. The commercial part's Ok. I like all the tacky lights and the mob scenes and the plastic reindeers and sleighs. It's the gooey part that drives me crazy. It's a conspiracy. X'mas is a conspiracy by all the huge advertising and marketing and sales and retailers divisions to make the single people feel all the more lonely.....

and then some more...i went on....gosh! I have become so cribby...

No comments: