Friday, March 21, 2008

Silly bliss, busy love, silly busy

I dunno why - but these 3 phrases have been churning through my head all day today. The day started with me singing in the shower and thinking to myself when was the last time I just casually spent time massaging shampoo through my hair strands, my palm going over and over the same few strands of hair, again and again, enjoying the warmth of the water drops on my cold and fat body? I stood deep in thought under the shower for a while more. The time passed, I thought more about my last week at work, how silly busy I was. Yes, silly busy, not busy busy.

I thought of myself about 4 years back, when I was starting out on the fresh throes of undiscovered love. The feeling then was like probably when Columbus (was it Columbus? I might be wrong, well you will get the picture as you read along) discovered America. A sinking feeling that I know there is land somewhere, I just wish I land on it. And then bang, suddenly after days of sea wrecked fatiguing travel, a piece of land appears from nowhere. That feeling of exhilaration as he and the rest of his troupes might have felt as the ship approached land, with the mist settling on the green and brown chunk. And as you first step on the land, that feeling of discovering something new, something which only he has access to. Something, exploring which will take up the rest few weeks, or months of his life. Busy Love, yes that's the word. Love and catching up with that feeling that everyone talks about, keeps you busy for the next few months of your life.

And then again I thought how I was behaving at the end of Friday last week. I was happy for no apparent reason. Everything might not be going oh-so-right in your life at some time, but you might still feel those pangs of happiness. It feels good, but it is choking when you are at work. You cannot concentrate on work. You feel like picking up the phone and talking with anybody who is ready to listen. You feel like going shopping, eating out, singing, watching a movie, anything and everything that makes you happy. You are lucky if that feeling lasts for more than a few hours. But actually when it does, at the end of it, you begin wondering what was that about? I think it is called 'silly bliss'.

These phrases, they are still churning in my head. Wonder what it is about? Today is over, I wonder how I will feel tomorrow, I don't see any chance for busy love, anyways. Silly bliss? Maybe. Silly busy? Most probably.

No comments: