Friday, March 21, 2008

Whine up!

Warning: Today's one of those days when I get whiney. It happens often. At such times I suffocate my instincts to write, talk and socialize. But I just can't today. You are forewarned.

********************************

I constantly get into arguments with friends and acquaintances who say they have had a difficult life, and they went through lots of struggles. People who (I sincerely believe) had lives just very easy and when they get a small setback, they think they have had to go through a very rough patch. Well to each his own! But sometimes it just really pisses me off. I can't help it, I think mean at times.

At times I really think such people are kidding themselves - they get too airy-fairy, or stupid, on account of their easy and protected lives or their education. They lose touch with reality. Educated people, literary people, some rich people they lose touch with reality. Due to an unmerited good fortune or due to an innate silliness.

Silly people, full of boring knowledge and protected by some fluke from the truth about life. People who don't have to worry about holding on to their house and can go around thinking their complicated thoughts. Free to dream up the fine, generous schemes that they believe would make other people happy.

Such jerks!

I feel amused by their upbringing, able to think their harsh notions quaint.

They would probably not be good in a crisis. Not good at basic survival tactics, not able to live even a single day of "28 days later", not able to scrounge for food and not able to tend to a dying friend on the street.

And inspite of all my practicality, I look at myself where I have ended. Or not ended. Probably, the better way to phrase it might be - where I am right now. With my practicality I often believed that I would be better off than where I am right now. This often happens to the practical people. Inspite of their calculations, survival instincts, they might not get as far as they had quite reasonably expected. No doubt life seems unfair. No doubt I whine.

No comments: