Thursday, November 19, 2009

2 new things I learnt today

2 items I came across today, which I thought I should record for my own reference later -

1) Michael Lucas's sculpture - 'The Menger Sponge level 3'

Check out this pic (Source).



So that made me look up what is the Menger Sponge? You can read more abt it here.

2) One of my friends updated his facebook status to the following -
THE FACEBOOK TRICK: press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, Enter key, then right click and then press up and down and magic circles will appear. The only way to get rid of them are to log off or refresh the page.

I tried it out on Facebook and it really worked and was perplexed why that was so. That is when I learnt from one of my friends that it's the konami code, from an old video game. You can read more about the Konami code here.

1 comment:

Chivalrous said...

Menger Sponge is an interesting concept totally meant for mathematics geeks. But second one was amazing! Contra is one of my favourite video games, of course in which we used to cheat!